Wirral Children Centres – What’s On
There are lots of sessions and activities happening at your local children centre – all for free! It’s a great place for your child to play, explore and learn!
Have an outdoor adventure at Brassey Childrens Centre or awaken your senses in the sensory facility at Seacombe Children’s Centre. Come along to Messy Play at Bromborough Childrens Centre for lots of sticky, messy play – and no cleaning up to do! Enjoy the magic of storytime at Pensby Children’s Centre and get lost in an enchanted forest or a mystical kingdom.
To find out the most up to date information about what’s going on at your local Childrens Centre, visit the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/mychildcan
The ‘What’s On’ programme changes every term to bring you new and exciting sessions. You can find your latest What’s On here:
Community and Events
Find all the latest community events and updates here in partnership with your local Children’s centre.
Children’s centres bring together a range of services for families and children from pre-birth to five. Although every child will have a named children’s centre allocated to them, you can go to any children’s centre in Wirral.
The groups are designed to give your little one a fun and safe environment to learn, develop, make friends and play. They give parents the chance to meet other parents from the local area and establish friendships.
- Stay and play sessions – We provide high quality stimulating and challenging activities for all ages and stages of development with in the 0-5 age group. The activities are based on child-initiated play both indoors and outdoors ran by school readiness workers. (please see what’s on guide)
- Baby Massage – 6 weeks to 1 year. A 5-week course which can help babies with sleeping patterns, eating habits and all-round wellbeing
- Baby Yoga -12 weeks to pre-mobile. A 4-week course which helps Mum to regain strength after birth and aids baby’s development
- Baby Babble – 6 – 12 months. A 6-week course which aims to encourage, develop and support early language skills through songs, stories and activities.
- Big Dish Little Dish – For children aged 2 – 5 years this session provides parents with up-to-date information about nutrition, health and oral health. For parents and children to actively take part in making cheap and healthy meals.
- Breast Feeding Support – Support from trained health professionals.
- Parenting programmes – for more information call us on 0151 666 3506.
- Practical parenting drop-in- Advice on parenting routines or just a chance to chat about your children’s development. Co-delivered with family workers and Health Visitors.
- Child Health Clinic – Baby weighing and advice available from Health Visitors.
- Foster Carers Drop-in – Open access to all mainstream foster carers.
- Makaton signing for babies – A group for babies and children with Down Syndrome.
- Wellcomm screenings – Need support with speech and language enquire about wellcomm screenings.
- Childminder Drop-in – 0 to 5 years. Play sessions give childminders the opportunity to introduce children to many different types of play including creative, imaginative and messy play.
- Sensory Room
- Soft play
- Outdoor play – An area which is richly resourced with exciting play materials and open ended resources.
- Two, three and four year old funding – We can help you apply for funding. Family Support– Voluntary support from a Family Worker
- Appointments available for welfare benefits, employment advice?
- Volunteering opportunities