Virtual School for Children Looked After
The Virtual School for Children Looked after (CLA) coordinates strategic and operational educational services for children that are in care with Wirral Borough Council and will advise on educational issues for children placed in other local authorities’ schools. In Wirral, the Virtual School for Children Looked After is a small team of 6 people who work with all children in care, foster carers, schools, social and residential workers and other professionals.
What we do:
- Our priorities are: raise the educational achievement of all children in care.
- Offering support, guidance and training to schools, foster carers, social workers and other professionals.
- Ensuring every child and young person in care has an effective and up to date Personal Education Plan (PEP), for children aged 3 to 18 years.
- Listening to the view of the child through the PEP process.
- Liaise with all agencies and teams involved with children in care and supporting the transition process for vulnerable children in care.
- To track attainment, progress, attendance and exclusions of all Wirral Looked After Children
- Administer the Personal Education Allowance funding
- Identify the Pupil Premium Plus payments school will receive and link these to PEPs and appropriate targets.
The school sits in the Local Authority School Improvement Team and is led by one of the General Inspectors.
- Wirral, United Kingdom
- 0151 666 5211
- [email protected]
Special Education Need & Disability
Facilities and Accessibility
About this Listing
Funding Status: Council Service
Method of Referral:
How does somebody raise a concern about the school?: