Wirral Children with Disabilities Team
Advice and support services to families and young people who have severe or substantial disabilities
The Children with Disabilities Team is a Wirral wide service and they are based at Wallasey Locality Office. The team provide advice and support services to families and young people who have severe or substantial disabilities. The team supports children and young people aged from 0 – 16.
The Children with Disabilities will work with children where their disability is impacting on their ability to be equal, be safe and achieve. The services provided are to support children in need and their families who have severe or substantial disabilities.
Appropriate referrals to the Children with Disabilities Team include children or young people with:
- Severe physical disabilities that significantly impact on the child’s wellbeing
- Severe learning disabilities
- A diagnosis of Autism with a severe learning disability (a diagnosis of autistic spectrum condition does not in itself meet the criteria for the service)
- Multiple or severe disability
- Severe sensory impairment in conjunction with a severe learning disability
- Complex physical disability and health needs (for the youngest children there will usually be involvement from the continuing care team)
How can I request an assessment?
You can ring MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub) on 606 2008 to request an assessment of your child’s needs. If a child or young person meets the criteria for the team a social worker will visit the family to complete an assessment and arrange a suitable package of support.
- Leasowe Millennium Centre Twickenham Drive, Wirral CH46 1PQ, United Kingdom
- 0151 488 8090
- [email protected]
- Joanne Dunne
- Service Manager, Children with Disabilities Service
Special Education Need & Disability
Sensory Processing Difficulties
Speech and Language
Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing
Facilities and Accessibility
About this Listing
Funding Status: Council Service
Method of Referral: No info given. Please contact the service provider.
School Hours: 09:00 - 16:00
Eligibility: 0-18, SEND
Cost: No info given. Please contact the service provider.
Parking/Travel Information: No info given. Please contact the service provider.
Co-designed school: No
How does somebody raise a concern about the school?: No info given. Please contact the service provider.