Information and Advice Service from Wirral Mencap
The service provides information and advice for families that include a child or adult with a learning disability
Wirral Mencap provides information and support for families that include a child or adult with a learning disability.
Appointments are available for a confidential chat to identify ways of prioritising difficulties and finding solutions to overcome them.
The Service can provide:
- Help and support with paperwork
- Support and guidance to ensure access to relevant services and to develop good working relationships with professionals.
- Guidance on planning for the future with information available concerning Wills and Trusts, Care Providers, Housing etc
- Information about clubs and activities across Wirral.
The service will also include a Welfare Benefits Advisor for 1 day per week from April 2017.
Appointments can be arranged at our Office or in your own home.
Contact Christine Phelan on 0151 666 1829
- 42-44 Market Street, Birkenhead CH41 5BT, United Kingdom
- Monday to Friday : call 0808 808 1111
- [email protected]
- Christine Phelan
- Information and Advice Manager
Special Education Need & Disability
Facilities and Accessibility
About this Listing
Funding Status: Independent
Method of Referral: Self-referral
School Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm
Eligibility: Learning disability only
Parking/Travel Information: On-street parking or a 3 minute walk from Hamilton Square Train Station, 10 minute walk from Birkenhead Bus Station
Co-designed school: Yes
How does somebody raise a concern about the school?: Complaints Policy