Wirral Council’s Specialist Support Teams are made up of teams of educational psychologists, specialist teachers and specialist support staff who can provide support to all those involved in meeting the additional needs of children and young people on Wirral. A full description for each team and guidance on access is available. Click on title below for a description of each service.
- Educational Psychology Team
- Sensory Service (Vision and Hearing Support Team)
- Specialist Support Team for Children with Medical and/or Physical Needs
- Early Years SEND Team
- Autism and Social Communication Team (ASC Team)
- Special Educational Needs Team (SEN Team)
- Special Educational Needs Assessment and Advice Team (SENAAT)
- Children with Disabilities Team
- Short Break Services for Disabled Children
- The Virtual School for Children Looked After (CLA)
Most teams offer high quality central or bespoke training. Schools/other service users/outside agencies can request training directly from team managers.