We are always working to make Local Offer Wirral better for you. If you see anything on this website that needs improving please click here and let us know.

Local Offer Logo

What to do if you have concerns for your child’s development

As a parent or carer you may be able to see that your child has a problem with their development. Some children can be slower developing than others their age but catch up later. There could be signs of:

  • A delay in their development not reaching their milestones.
  • You may notice your child is slow to understand simple words, is unable to talk, uses only a few words or has some difficulty making certain sounds.
  • Coordination or mobility difficulties.

It is important that you share your concerns with a health professional such as your Health Visitor, School Nurse or your family doctor (GP). They will provide you with practical advice and support. If it is appropriate your child may be referred to the required service for further assessment and management.

This list explains a little about the people who might be involved in your child’s care:

[WPSM_AC_SH id=6213]

Pin It on Pinterest