Health Information – Healthy Start
The following information was taken from https://www.healthystart.nhs.uk/ and was correct at the time of publishing.
With Healthy Start, you get free vouchers every week to spend on milk, plain fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables, and infant formula milk. You can also get free vitamins.
You qualify for Healthy Start if you’re at least 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under four years old and you or your family get:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with a family income of £16,190 or less per year
- Pension Credit; or
- Universal Credit with no earned income or total earned income of £408 or less per month for the family. (To find this refer to your Universal Credit award notice in the section “your take home pay for this month”.)
- You also qualify if you are under 18 and pregnant, even if you don’t get any of the above benefits.
For more information please visit: https://www.healthystart.nhs.uk/